Friday, September 14, 2007

Not everything is homemade.

I had an appointment with my hairdresser early this morning (I need help to cover "a few" gray hairs). Before going back home I stopped at the local grocery store which is situated in the same building as the hairdresser. I filled my basket with vegetables and meat for the dinner I will make tonight, and then couldn't resist to buy some fresh, still warm white bread. Some days are perfect days for pampering yourself, and today is such a day for me. I also squeezed a local made blue cheese into my basket. Norway has so much very good local cheese, though it is far from as well known as cheese from The Netherlands or France, and for me it means alot to be able to support local producers.

A day at home means that I must pay attention to the long list of "things to do in the house", but first I gave myself an hour in the armchair - for book and food, both essentials to make the day perfect. And of course a cup of Max Havelaar Fairtrade coffee.

  • the china is Norwegian design from Lofoten
  • the colourful table cloth is from Laos, originally made as a border for a dress, perfect as a tablerunner
  • the book I read right now is Dervla Murphy's Full Tilt - Ireland to India with a Bicycle, published in 1965 (I love it!)

3 comments:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

oh my...now i am very hungry and only blue cheese will do...have a good weekend...enjoy the book...blessings, rebecca

Anonymous said...

Mmm...fresh baked bread, still warm from the oven..delicious!

I just found your blog via Britt-Arnhild. Your food photography is beautiful and the food sounds delicious.

Marie

Gill said...

I agree, this blog is indeed, the blog of the week. It could be my blog of the year if you keep posting photos like this. I love this post, thanks Britt Arnhild!
xo
Blue