Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Broccoli and mushroom pie

For my birthday I got a pie mould with The Blue Café written in a beautiful blue handwriting. It is used many times for Quiche Lorraine. I usually use ham and onion as filling in the Quiche, but this time I wanted to try something new. The giver of the mould gift, dear Catherine in Canada, did send me a pie recipe some time ago where it was used broccoli and mushrooms for the filling, and with a good selection of mushroom at the growcry stores right now, it was time to try the recipe.

The mushroom I used is called kantarell in Norwegian, and though I bought it this time, we also pick it oursekves, mostly near our cabin.
The recipe from Catherine had several ingrediets which are unknown to me here in Norway, so I used what I usually have in my Quicch filling - eggs, salt, pepper, craime fraiche, cheese.


1 comment:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

We call these mushrooms chanterelles here in the U.S. I personally don't care for mushrooms (unless they are pickled button mushrooms) but my hubby LOVES them. Your recipe certainly makes me think I can change my mind about mushrooms!