Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A craving for spaghetti carbonara.

I have some plane photos of a fantastic favorite dish for you today. As I wrote yesterday I was away all last week. One day my daughter called me to ask if I could make spaghetti carbonara when I came home, the next day my sister in law phoned to ask for the recipe of the spaghetti carbonara I served when she visited a few months ago.So when today I finally had the day free to spend it in my kitchen I knew what to make - spaghetti carbonara. And it turned out to be a celebration. Ingrid turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and got her driver licence today! Congratulations Ingrid :-)
I have made this dish so often, and was so sure I already had blogged about it. When when I looked through The Blue Café today, and the almost 100 entries since the beginning of January, it wasn't there. I have promised my sister in law the recipe today, she will have a party tomorrow, so I had to find my camera and take some "in a hurry"- photos. They are not suitable for entering "does my blog look good in this", but that's not a competition I take part in anyway; The Blue Café is for my own fun mostly. So here they are, together with the recipe.

Spaghetti Carbonara
350 g spaghetti
200g bacon
3 eggs
1 dl cream
parmesan or pecorini cheese
salt
peppe
melted butter

Boil the spaghetti. Cut the bacon in small dices and fry. Mix the eggs, the cream and the cheese. Taste with pepper and salt.

Melt the butter and add the egg mixture. Stir untill it starts to thicken. Mix it with the spaghetti and the bacon dices.

I always serve the spaghetti with foccacia bread sprinkeled with Maldon salt and extra virgin olive oil (not nuts as described in the recipe you find if you follow the link), and often a salad of ruccola, cherry tomatos, mozzarella cheese, olive oil and basil leaves.

Good luck with your party Lisbeth. Give your friends my greetings.



2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fabulous as always.
Thanks for the food for thought.
Love and hugs

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Britt-Arnhild! How fabulous to find this recipe! My brother-in-law and husband both make delicious carbonara! My brother-in-law uses so much cream that after you have eaten his version, you feel as if you've already eaten dessert, too! We LOVE this dish!