Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to more greens.

After a long Christmas vacation with alot of food and alot of sweets and calories, it is time to go back to a more normal everyday life. Holidays and time off are blessings, but the older I get the more I appreciate the everyday routine with my job and my time off.
My first workday after almost two weeks off was today, and to kind of get into the healthy mood, I made myself a very simple green salad for lunch yesterday.

Green everyday salad

iceberg salad
leek
cucumber
cherry tomatos
olives
basil

sprinkeled with balsamic vinegar
followed by a long walk in the snow


-------------------------------------------

After all the recent Christmas music, it is nice to be back to "something else", like Beethoven and a few of his symphonies.
What about no 5 &6?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pastoral Symphony would be perfect with your lovely green salad.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I love salads, but rather cold for them, so healthy soups I think we will be having..