Saturday, December 29, 2007

Recipe for the cream cake

Creamcake
(from yesterday)
4 eggs
120gr sugar
120gr white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Mix eggs and sugar well, add flour and baking powder carefully
Bake for about 30 minutes at 190C
Be carefull not to burn the cake
Cool
Cut the cake in two and add milk, jam and whipped cream between the layers.
Add milk and whipped cream on top.
Roll out marzipan and cover the cake.
Decorate the top using your creativity.
Yesterday I used some fairtrade chocolate hearts I got for Christmas and a branch of holly

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Thank you Britt-Arnhild!
Now I will have to get my conversions from grams to cups. (silly American measurements, right?) When you say "Add milk, jam and cream to the layers, do you just pour a little milk onto the bottom cake to allow it to soak in? About how much? I think I can "eyeball" the jam/whipped cream.

You write recipes like I do --- A Little of this and a Little of that!

Jody

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this recipe! Yay! ;-)

Paz