Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Chocolate cake for Torgeir.

As I have already mentioned, our oldest son came home from Australia Saturday night. I prepared a salmon dinner, which I plan to blog about tomorrow, and my husband made his speciality, a chocolate cake. We got the recipe from my father in law at least 25 years ago, and it has been among Torgeir's favorite cakes ever since he was born. I am the one who make most of the food in our kitchen, mostly because I love to cook and bake. But this spesific cake is always made by my husband. Something he does many times a year. But not too often, the cake is quite heavy and fat. I am off work today and have just had my morning coffee and a piece of the cake, so now is the perfect time to share it with you. In our handwritten recipe it is called "Mocca kake", so that's the name I am using here as well.
Mocca kake
150gr butter/margarin
300g sugar
mix butter and sugar till it looks almost white


Add two eggs and 75gr dark chocolate melted in 1/4 l milk,
and also 300gr white flour and 3 tsp baking powder


Bake for 45 minutes in 180C


Cool the cake and cut it into three layers.
Between the layers you spread mocca cream


Mocca cream:
200gr butter
300 gr powdered sugar (icing sugar)
50gr dark chocolate melted in 5 tblsp strong coffee