Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Orange chicken.

I am lucky to have friends who know my style, and for my birthday I got this pie plate sent over from a good friend in Canada. The Blue Café was full yesterday, today I and Ingrid were the only two to eat dinner, and I decided it was full time to use the plate for the first time. Ingrid wanted chicken for dinner, so during today's busride home from work, I came up with this idea:

Orange Chicken.
The pie plate was glazed with olive oil and on top of the oil I put a layer of sliced oranges. Two chicken filets, which was marinated in a garlic and herb marinade and braised slightly, was laid on the oranges, and finally my filet was covered with a blue cheese. Ingid is not fond of this cheese, so I left hers plain.

Baked in the oven, 200C for about 30 minutes. Served with basmati rice.










3 comments:

wendybirde said...

Hi Britt-Arnhilde, Looks yummy! I can forget how good fruit is with meat...

Paix, Wendy

Darla said...

The orange and chicken combo is a winner isn't it? I also like recipes with lemon and chicken and since we have a lemon tree they show up in cooking quite a bit here.

Darla

Anonymous said...

Even though it's breakfast time here, this made my mouth water! I think we'll be having orange chicken for dinner tonight. Thanks, Britt-Arnhild.