Monday, October 29, 2007

An appetite teaser

Sunday was a day for leftovers. Yes, I agree with you, leftovers are for Mondays, or Tuesdays, but not yesterday. We had so much left of the paella, and all of us love paella so much.....we agreed it would be a perfect Sunday dinner.
To make the Sunday a little special though I made a little appetite teaser for Terje and myself. I had made no plans for this on Saturday while grocery shopping, so I had to make it like I often do while playing in the kitchen - look to the cupboards, search through my creativity.
In the garden it is full time to harvest the small leeks. For some reason they never grew much this summer, but inspite of their miniature size their taste is great. I cut a few and braised them in extra virgin olive oil with almonds. Coooled it and sprinkeled with honey before serving.
Mmmmm. Give it a try. You will not regret it.

No comments: