Saturday, November 24, 2007

Breakfast at home.

I have been travelling on and off for several weeks now, so this morning it felt great sleeping a little longer in my own bed, with a brand new Saturday greeting me. I took my garden walk with my camera and was greeted by a sleeping garden covered in a snow quilt. With tracks from birds and animals telling me that during the winter season they are princess and princesses in The Blue Garden.

My husband was up early and was already on his way out to cross country ski when I made myself a simple breakfast of two pieces of bread with butter and brown goat cheese, a glass of orange juice and a mug of Earl Grey.

I haven't been cooking for a long time, but now a big moose steak is in the owen. Tomorrow we will fill the dinner table with food and laughter.

5 comments:

Suz. said...

Britt-Arnhild, that looks like a nice treat. Is that jedost?

UP said...

Britt-Arnhild, I don't get out much this time of year, however I remember the crisp cold feeling one would get being outside. Also how far sounds would carry on those clear cold winter days when I could just walk outside.

The breakfast looks great. In fact it is almost time for my breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Delicious breakfast -
I love the looks of that dark yellow goat cheese, and Earl Grey is my favorite tea, too.
Enjoy, Britt-Arnhild!

shlowzikins said...

is that giedost? my mother remembers that from her norwegian grandmothers table, now our family in new york puts it on black bean soup in the winter time and it's delicious.

Gudl said...

brown goat cheese? That sounds great to me!