Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Book Corner is open.

I have a huge appetite for cookbooks. I braise them, I bake them, I make salads and I eat them raw. Sometimes I eat all, other times I am satisfied with just a piece of cake. And I love to share. So hereby you are invited to a new corner of The Blue Café - The Book Corner.

There will always be pots of fresh coffee here, and a colourful variety of china will be used for serving, home made cakes will fill the plates on the tables, and please don't hesitate to remove the stack of books from the chair before you sit down. And don't be afraid, I don't mind coffee stains in my books, they will taste even better I believe :-)

I plan to open the Book Corner once a week, and I would love to have guest bloggers here. Let me know if you have a book about food you want to come over and share. The Blue Café has its special gift for all guest bloggers who takes part.

*************************************************************

The first book out in The Book Corner is The French Kitchen by Joanne Harris and Fran Warde. Being a huge fan of Harris and her fiction books for years, I was curious to see what she could write about cooking. Well, of course I knew she could write about chocolate in such a way that I gain kilos just by reading about it, but that's in her fiction books of course.

I had nothing to fear. Absolutely nothing! The French Kitchen is filled to the brim with Joanne's wonderful writing topped with her love for food and her amazing collection of old family recipes. With chef Fran Warde she has cooked it all together to one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Warm Goat's Cheese Salad, Blue Cheese Bake, Roasted Aspargus Spears, Roulade Bicolore.............luckily I have just had dinner (Terje's fantastic moose soup). If not I would not be here writing, but in the kitchen cooking right now.

*******************************************************

Do you want to be a guest blogger in The Book Corner? Send an email to knitwoman1958@yahoo.com and let me know what you want to blog about.

4 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea, Britt-Arnhild! Both my hubby and I collect cookbooks (as did our grandmothers, and we have inherited many of their cookbooks). We also sell many cookbooks at our gourmet shop. I have so many favorites, someday I would like to share one or two perhaps. =)

Cris said...

What a nice idea, I hope to see many nice books here!

Darla said...

The book by J. Harris sounds interesting. I'm a big fan of her fiction.

I'd be happy to post about a few books from my collection sometime.

Darla

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Hello Britt-Arnhild! I haven't forgotten about your Book Corner (I've just been very busy helping out at our gourmet shop which is getting busier as Thanksgiving and Christmas get closer.) My address is: stitchintyme9 at aol.com.