Friday, June 22, 2007

Vanilla sauce for the rhuburb pie

Vacation time, Friday night and a quiet house without kids. A perfect night for making something sweet. Terje had so many nice words to say about my rhuburb pie last time I made it, so I decided to go for another one. Lat time we ate it with ice cream, but today I couldn't find any icecream left in the fridge, so I decided to make a vanilla sauce.
I mixed 4 dl skimmed milk, one egg, 1teaspoon of potato flour and two tablespoons of sugar. Heated it untill it almost started to boil and took it off the plate. When it started to cool I added vanilla sugar.

We ate out on the kitchen veranda, a roofed veranda where we get the late night sun.

1 comment:

Everydaythings said...

oh I do like that teapot in the photo - who is it by? what make I mean?