Thursday, June 28, 2007

Anniversary snack

Today is our 27th anniversary. We have been on a drive around the Trondheim Fjord, which you can read about in The House in the Woods tomorrow. We had a very good salmon lunch around noon, and though we had originally planned to have a family dinner tonight, with three of our kids (the forth is in Australia), we changed our minds and stopped at our son Øystein's flat on our way home from the drive to have coffee, icecream and strawberries instead of going home to make a heavy dinner.
But we ate lunch early, so tonight we were both in for a treat. We are leaving for two weeks in Italy on Monday, and we will be away for a wedding this week-end, so I try not to grocery shop right now, and instead use what we already have. And out of that came "Leek bruschetta with feta cheese"
I fried some leeks in olive oil, and at the end of the frying I added some feta cheese (left over from a pasta saled earlier in the week). Then fried some pieces of French bread I bought yesterday.....again in extra virgin olive oil. Topped the fried bread with the leek/feta cheese mixture, and......a perfect treat for a light supper.

2 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Delicious, Britt-Arnhild! My children love bruschetta, so I make it often. I usually use tomato and parmesan, but this change of leeks and feta looks yummy! I also add a little balsamic to my olive oil when making it. Feta is my favorite cheese, second only to a very old, sharp cheddar.

Darla said...

Bruschetta is a favorite here too. I like various toppings but almost always rub the bread with a clove of garlic to begin it all.

I had salmon for lunch yesterday too. It was a delicious smoked salmon salad are a restaurant I hadn't tried before.

Darla