Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tea with Mma Ramotswe



Do you know Mma Ramotswe and her The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency?

Mma Ramotswe is a good friend of mine, and I love to have tea with her. Rooibush tea of course, tea made from this special red African tree. For Mma Ramotswe it can never be any other type of tea:-)

I love this series written by Alexander McCall Smith about the Botswana lady detective Mma Ramotswe. You say that you haven't read them...yet? Well, all I can say then is that these books are a must! And of course always with rooibush tea!

Happy reading and happy tea drinking!

___________________________________________

(This is a repost from January)

8 comments:

Linda said...

I love this series of books. They are so sweet and so innocent, somehow. It is a pleasure to visit that place via a book.

Ilva said...

Later today you can listen to this on BBC4, the play remains for a week. Check it out here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/
afternoon_play.shtml

Scroll down the page and there it is!

Darla said...

A good book and tea at the Blue Cafe. What a winning combination.

Seems we are on the same wavelenght with our blogs today.

Darla

Ilva said...

oh, correction, it's tomorrow!

Julie said...

Love the sketch you've embellished with watercolor.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of these books. I'll have to check my library since I'm probably going tomorrow.
BTW, I love that drawing!

Britt-Arnhild said...

Linda - I have read all the books and plan to reread them :-)

Ilva, I will check the BBC site and see if I can podcast the series.

Darla - we are often on the same wavelength, aren't we :-)

Star - thanks for the nice words about my sketch. I haven't sketched in a long time now, how about you?

Cate - did you find the books?

Laume said...

Wandering in late from the Halloween blogger party. Although I have fun with the bounty of Halloween goodies for sale in this country, I agree that it can be just as memorable when celebrated in a simple, quiet way as well.

I haven't read this series yet, but I have the first book - my TBR list (To Be Read) is staggeringly large.