Tuesday, October 23, 2007

After breakfast


Breakfast is over and a group of friends are leaving the Blue Café. They are in town for a meeting, and I will soon follow them downtown. First I have an hour to clean the breakfast table, an hour to enjoy the memories of a gathering around the table. I start a cd and hum along. I'm smiling.
Cleaning a table, dwelling upon the meal that is just finished. Counting blessings and good friends. Sending thanks for being able to invite people to my home.

Sharing a meal is an intimate action. Sharing a meal loosens laughter. Sharing a meal means sharing yourself.

________________________________________

God bless my food, my table and my home. God bless my hands and make them willing to serve You. Amen.

1 comment:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Lovely words and a lovely blessing!