Friday, October 31, 2008

The Blue Cafe in India

I am in India for three weeks, visiting friends. And I am totally spoiled with food. Mostly vegetarian.
I was curious before I came, would the food be too spicy for me, would my stomach accept the foreign food, would I like the taste of it. I had absolutely no reason to worry. The food, three meals a day, is tasty. colourful, mostly vegetarian.....and a feast for body and soul.
My hostess Carolyn, to the left in this photo, is a fabulous cook, and as I walk around in her kitchen with camrea, pan and notebook I hope to pick up a few of her secrets.
Living privately means that I get to meet alot of people, and last Saturday we were invited to frinds of Carolyn and her husband Hossy for lunch, Muthu and Sashi. Carolyn and Hossy live in the Karnataka reagin, while Muthu comes from another region, Coorg. Her cooking was influenced by that and her cooking was different. Another feast.

Muthu wrote a long list of the different dishes for me:
  • peas pulao
  • boondhi rialtha
  • rice chappati
  • bamblee curry
  • moothe curry
  • ala crobi, ,meltric subzi
  • bandgobi sninla mirchi subzi
  • sevia

(I am not sure if I got all the spelling correct)

Correct spelling or not, the meal was a feast. I am in love with Indian food.

Thank you Muthu.

2 comments:

WCREE said...

NICE PICS...

Barbara said...

I am looking forward to reading some of your new Indian recipes. Since my childhood when I first had a hot curry meal, I am fond of this food. And having vegetarians in my family I am always searching for new ideas!
Enjoy your Indian holiday and have a wonderful time!
Barbara