Monday, August 27, 2007

Fruit salad with pine nuts and honey

Cabin time means time for friends. And this week-end was no exeption. Saturday afternoon friends were coming for coffee and I spent a nice hour in the primitive kitchen preparing sweets for us. A friend of Marta spent the week-end with us, and since she is intolerant to milk, it was a special challenge to decide what to eat. Another challenge which is connected to cabin life is that we don't have electricity and we don't have an oven.
I have collected "over free" recipes over the years, but most of them contains milk, cream, yoghurt or other milk related ingredients.


I made waffles with lactose reduced milk, and as a special treat for us all I made a huge bowl of fruit salad sweetened with pine nuts fried in miele di limone/lemon honey. Easy to make, and oh so yummy.

When the guests came it didn't take long to empty the bowl.


1 comment:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Oh my, that salad sounds VERY delicious! We use pinenuts alot at home, but we have never tried them in a fruit salad. I think I will have to try this one!