Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cod Paella, risotto med torsk

One of the pleasure is life is to visit fishmarkets. We don't have one like the Rialto market here in Trondheim, still the one we have is a nice one with quite a good selection of choices according to the season. When Terje and I visited Ravnkloa (the fish market here in Trondheim) yesterday, I was looking for fish for a paella, and the cod filets looked perfect.
I have a favorite restaurant out at Murano (in Venice) where I have discovered a marvellous risotto with fruits from the sea. Unfortunately you have to be two to order the dish, I remember one time Terje and I had it, we almost licked the plates at the end, the taste was too good to let go. I was not able to create the same juicy taste in my paella, but I am on the right way. Give me some more practice, and I am there.
cod paella

dice the cod filet into small pieces
fry in an extravagance of extra virgin olive oil
add salt and pepper
cut an onion and a green sweet pepper
fly in more olive oil

fry the rice in the leftover oil in the pan
add fish bouillon and white wine
add the fried fish and let boil for about half an hour
add the onion and the sweet pepper

serve with olive bread dipped in olive oil, the one we had is baked in Lom, sold in the delicatessen at the fish market.



-----------------------------------------

I fist fell for Monteverdi's Vespro della Beata Vergine 1610 because of the beautifil painting on the cd cover. The music is just as beautiful, and suits well on an icy, wintry Sunday morning.


3 comments:

Tracy said...

This is a lovely recipe, Britt-Arnhild! So is your pizza recipe with anchovy & aubergine. I have made something similar using squash. :o) So many nice new recipes. It's been a very good while since I've been here with any regularity...So many blogs, not enough time--LOL! Happy Days...and happy eating! (8HUGS))

Britt-Arnhild said...

Hi Tracy - nive to have you back in The Blue Café .-)

blue said...

All Nice Pictures

Go Ahead!


gracias
Azul de Hong Kong