Friday, February 9, 2007

Italian Ilva Night.


As I wrote in My House in the Woods this morning, our youngest daughter and her friend invited us to a dinner party yesterday. This meant hotdogs on the menu. Absolutely okay food when prepared by two ten year old girls, but in the evening I was ready for something else.
The two girls had done all their grocery shopping themselves, and with a busy day at work behind me I had not planned any cooking, nor any shopping.
But that's no problem as long as I have Ilva's food blog where I get all the inspiration I can dream of, and more......
Yesterday she made brazed leeks with hazelnuts and balsamic vinegar. Everything looks so "out of this world" in her blog, and still so simple to make, and so also with this little dish. I had fresh yeast in the fridge, and a glass of sundried tomatoes, so while working on my computer writing the blog entry about yesterday's Pix party, a foccacia dough was set to rise. When I baked the foccacia I filled half of it with sundried tomatoes, the other half just with Gozo/Malta salt. And while the foccaca enjoyed life on the oven, I braised the leek and the hazelnuts. A perfect, light supper.
Thanks Ilva for another terrific idea! The recipes are found if you follow the links given.








3 comments:

Ilva said...

I'm so happy you liked it! And I can tell you that I feel so honoured when you use my recipes-thanks!

Maggie Ann said...

That must have been so delicious! It looks good...

Anonymous said...

That focaccia look delicious! Happy eating! :o)